How to arrive to ArequipaTransportation and Communication
Coming by plane to Perú, first we recommend you to arrive to Lima or Cuzco. Then you can get your connection to Arequipa by plane or bus.
The airport of Arequipa, "Rodriguez Ballón" (AQP), with comfortable installations, only attends domestic flights.
There are different schedules to Lima from Arequipa (flights about 55 minutes), you may also find flights from Juliaca - Puno, Cuzco and Tacna.
There are also planes to make regional flights and overflight the Colca Valley and Colca Canyon.
There are three principal roads from the city of Arequipa.
Arequipa is connected to Pan-American Highway; you may get there, to the north, to Tumbes and Ecuador passing by Lima; and to the south, to Tacna and Chile.
- Arequipa - Lima: 1,020 km. (638 miles)
- Arequipa - Tacna: 400 km. (248.5 miles)
- Arequipa - Cuzco Highway: Passing by Juliaca 625 km. (388 miles)
- Arequipa - Puno Highway: Arequipa to Juliaca 281 km. (174.6 miles).
In some spots of the highway you may be as high as 4,000 meters above the sea level (13,123 feet). Juliaca - Puno 44 km. (27.3 miles)
- Arequipa - Matarani Highway: 115 Km. (71.45 Miles)
- Arequipa - Puno: 258 km (160.3 miles) approximate time, 10 to 12 hours. Daily night departures.
- Arequipa - Cuzco: 642 km (399 miles) approximate time, 22 hours. Daily departures.
In what communications concern, Arequipa counts with all the services available, telephone, mail, cable television, fax, Internet connection and courier services.