Daily departures from Lima or Iquitos
DAY 1: ..... (LIMA) /
IQUITOS / AMAZONAS SINCHICUY LODGE
(L - D)
- Our personnel will meet and greet you at the Iquitos airport.
- Transfer to the river dock where you will begin the trip to our lodge.
Along the way you will briefly sightsee Iquitos, looking at the most important tourist sites of this representative Peru's orient city founded in the XIX Century.
Navigate on the greatest world river, the Amazon, aboard comfortable and safe motorboats. The trip will allow you to see a marvelous panorama in which the magnificence of the Amazon makes its way through the exuberance of the jungle, where picturesque villages with their particular color and joy appear on the shores of the river.
- Arrival in the Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge. Our lodge built in the native-style is surrounded by trees, plants and flowers, a true tropical garden where birds and butterflies are abundant.
While your expert naturalist guide explains about the lodge facilities and the activities to come, our staff will serve you with a refreshing "welcome drink" made with some exotic fruit.
It starts with a short walk or canoe ride -according to the rain season- to a
Yagua tribe community, one of the most ancient ethnic groups of the
Amazon rainforest. Here you will have the chance to try the "pucuna" or blowgun.
- Return to the lodge.
- In the afternoon you will proceed with ethno botanic tour around the lodge, you will be able to distinguish certain species of the plant kingdom.
- Visit to the "shaman" who will explain about the particularities of the regional flora and its applications.
- Tour the Santa María del Ojeal farmlands where you will see the artisan sugar cane squeeze. You will also visit a
fish farm to observe native ictiological species and walk around a typical village on the shores of the Amazon.
- You will delight at the sight of the sunset
- Evening excursion.../ Amazon legends...
- At indicated time, evening canoe ride or walk to sense the jungle after dark.
- Return to the lodge.
- After enjoying a delightful meal, the guide will amuse you with tales and legends from the rich Amazon myths.
Also, if you desire, our personnel will share with you a time for music and singing.
- Overnight in the lodge
DAY 2: AMAZONAS SINCHICUY LODGE /
TAMBO YANAYACU LODGE (B - L - D)
FULL DAY IN THE YANAYACU RIVER
FLORA AND FAUNA PROGRAM
Full day exploring the primary jungle reserve in the Yanayacu River ecosystem. Navigation in open boats on the Amazon River to spot pink dolphins, main characters of fantastic tales and legends told by the river people.
- Arrival in the Huashalado Village from where you will make a short walk to the Yanayacu River, where another boat will be waiting to take you in this excursion.
You will enter the "Kingdom of the Giant Trees", which has been given this name because of the size reached by some specimens amongst them the "lupuna" or
"ceiba". This is a favorite site for birds since it is in the river they find the fish and fruit that grows on its
shores; even more, the thick forest offers ideal possibilities for nestling. With a bit of luck, you could also, spot monkeys moving on the tree tops or maybe a sloth hanging from a branch and thus mimetizing and making it almost impossible to be seen.
- Boxed lunch in the boat or on the edge of the river.
- Primary jungle hike by trail or canoe ride -according to the season- in which you will observe particularities of plants and trees from this ecosystem like the Victoria Regia, which reaches 1.80 m. diameter.
- Return to the Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge. On the way you will have the chance to do native-style fishing of piranhas, mojarras and other species.
- Arrival in the Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge. If you wish, there will be an evening canoe ride or if you decide not to you could comfortably sway on a hammock or enjoy an exotic drink at the "Clavohuasca Bar".
DAY 3: AMAZONAS SINCHICUY LODGE / IQUITOS / .... (LIMA)
- Free morning
- Return to Iquitos by the Amazon River.
- At a convenient time, transfer to the airport or hotel of your choice.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUR JUNGLE TRIP:
For your trip to the lodges and for the jungle hike we recommend that you
take a backpack or small suitcase with the bare essentials. Your equipment and
other items can be stored at our hotel office in Iquitos for your convenience.
- The program can vary depending on arrival and departure times of the
flights and also because of the weather conditions.
- For your flight to Iquitos we recommend to arrive before 09:00 am. For your
return flight to Lima we suggest that you take the last flight that leaves Iquitos
(*) Minimum 2 passengers
We recommend to you:
|- Good binoculars
||- Camera gear (ASA 50, 100 and
||- Two or three pairs of long
|- Four pairs of absorbent
||- Rain suit or large poncho
||- Three long-sleeved cotton
|- Three T-shirts
||- Sunscreen lotion
||- Insect repellent
||- Two pairs of sneaker or
|- A bottle or canteen to carry
||- One pair of shorts