Stridden Rivers: Amazon, Nanay, Itaya
Easily accessible from Iquitos, the Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserve
stretch out more than 71000 hectares. There are at least 500 tree species, 475
bird species, 500 animal species, 1900 different plants, and many butterflies
can be found in its primary forest! This richness makes the area a scientific
investigation field for various biologists from all over the world. The Selva
Viva welcomes you on board for this cruise to discover the Amazonian
Biodiversity, perfectly adapted if your stay in Iquitos is limited in time...
DAY 1: ... (LIMA) /
IQUITOS / M/F SELVA VIVA CRUISE
- Reception at the airport no later than 10 AM, and transfer onto the M/F
- Cruise's beginning sailing up the Nanay River, with observation of pink
dolphins at the embouchure of the mythical Amazon River.
- Lunch on the sundeck during the navigation, ornithological observation
from the boat, and then arrival in Llanchama, a little village hidden in a
beautiful lagoon where it is possible to swim.
- Visit of the village and jungle excursion with a local guide who will
explain us the use of the various medicinal plants of the region.
- Dinner on board and night excursion with the auxiliary boat to find some
caimans and their eyes shining in the night, and to feel the nocturnal mood
of the jungle.
- Night on board in a wild site.
DAY 2: YARANA LAGOON / ALLPAHUAYO MISHANA NATIONAL RESERVE / M/F SELVA VIVA CRUISE
- Breakfast on board during the navigation, and then entrance in the
Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserve.
- The vegetation is more compact: we are now in the primary rainforest.
- Lunch on board and continuation of the cruise sailing the Nanay River up
to the Yarana lagoon, known for its pink dolphins. Possibility of swimming
with the dolphins, and little piranhas fishing session with the auxiliary
boat. If successful, we will have a great dinner tonight!
- We will later visit some little remote lagoon of the river, inaccessible
to the Selva Viva, where the fauna is more concentrated (particularly birds
- Back to the boat for dinner and night on board on an isolated site.
DAY 3: NANAY RIVER / PILPINTUWASI / IQUITOS / ... (B)
- Excursion early in the morning with the auxiliary boat to
appreciate the fauna of the jungle when it wakes up.
- Return on board for the breakfast sailing down the Nanay River. Lunch on
the sundeck and arrival in Padre Cocha about 1 pm.
- Visit of the Pilpintuwasi, a rescue center of wild jungle animals (monkeys,
jaguar, tigrillo, etc…) and specialized in raising various Amazonian
- Return back on board sailing the Nanay River down to Iquitos.
- Arrival previous about 4 PM.
- Transfer to the airport or to your hotel.
This program might be adapted to the season and the navigation's conditions
The Selva Viva has 6 spacious and luminous cabins (4 matrimonial/double
cabins and 2 individual cabins), decorated with care, provided with shutters and
mosquito nets on the window to assure the privacy and the tranquility of the
passengers. Every cabins is provided by various 220V plugs.
Bathroom - First floor: Bathroom with shower, washbasin, mirror, 220V plug
and toilets - Second floor: Bathroom with shower, washbasin, mirror,
220V plug and toilets Independent toilets
The Selva Viva provides a terrace of more than 160m² (1720 feets²) on its
upper deck. It is equipped by hammocks and a large table at disposal, especially
for the lunches. Its elevated position makes an exceptional watchtower to
observe the jungle’s biodiversity, and the perfect place to relax.
- The departure of M/V Selva Viva is guaranteed with minimum 4
passengers. Just in case there have less than 4 passengers traveling the
price will be higher.
- Cancellations will be subject to a 50% price penalty.