Day 01 - IQUITOS -
- Reception at the airport, brief city orientation and transfer to the
- Twenty-five mile journey down the Amazon River to Ceiba Tops, where rooms
with air conditioning and private bathrooms provide the comforts of home in
- Afternoon hike in the beautiful primary rainforest reserve surrounding the
lodge which includes many huge trees festooned with epiphytes.
- After dinner there may be local flute or guitar music at the El Toucan Bar
or the guides are always ready to relate some of the many legends of the
- Lunch, Dinner Overnight Ceiba Tops
Day 02 - CEIBA TOPS
- Morning boat ride, spotting for dolphins, to visit a small village of Yagua
Indians where your guide will explain the local Yagua Indian culture and how it
was affected by the arrival of Europeans and the passing of time. There will
also be an opportunity to see some of the local crafts and for a demonstration
of the blowgun which some of the Yagua elders still use for hunting.
- Afternoon walking excursion to the neighboring town of Indiana. Originally a Franciscan
mission, Indiana has grown into a large river community with its own market,
high school and small hospital.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Overnight Ceiba Tops
Day 03 - CEIBA TOPS - IQUITOS
- Your choice of morning walking or boating excursion to further enjoy the
rainforest and Amazon River.
- Afternoon transfer to Iquitos and to the airport.
- Breakfast, Lunch (if departure flight permits)
Due to the ever-changing nature of the rainforest, day-by-day activities are
subject to change due to weather, trail or river conditions.
Walkway Weekend Special (3 days)"
Amazon Explorama Lodges