DAY 1: Lima
• Arrival to Lima Jorge Chavez International Airport. Transfer to your hotel
• Guided visit of the city: The tour start with a panoramic view of the Pucllana Pyramid, visit the Historical Center of Lima, where you will appreciate more than fifty monuments and Colonial edifications, such as the Paseo de la República, the San Martín Square, the Main Square, the Government Palace, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Cathedral Basilica, and the City Council Palace amongst others.
• You will visit the Museum of the Banco Central de Reserva*, then you will visit the monumental Sand Francisco convent, which displays the largest collection of religious art in America. Our highlight will be the visit of the underground vaults, known as Catacumbas or Catacombs.
• Finally visit traditional residential areas of Lima, such as El Olivar of San Isidro, Miraflores and Larcomar.
• Return to the hotel
*Museum of the Banco Central de Reserva is closed to the public on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Mondays closed all day.
DAY 02: Lima / Cuzco (B)
• Transfer to the airport to take your flight to Cuzco
• Upon arrival you will be transferred to your hotel.
• Rest the morning free to get acclimatized to the altitude
• In the afternoon you will take a guided tour of Cusco City visiting the main square, the Cathedral, the Temple of the Koricancha
• Then you will visit to Sacsayhuaman fortress, Kenco, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay.
• Return to your hotel.
DAY 03: Cuzco / Km 104 – Wiñawayna / Aguas Calientes (B BL)
• Early in the morning pick you up from your hotel and transfer to Ollanta train station in order to take the train to KM 104 where the Inca Trail starts
• Visit to Chachabamba complex (2250 m.a.s.l.)
• After 04 hours of walk arrive to the archaeological walk Wiñaywayna (2700 m.a.s.) impressive complex made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector. At the bottom we have magnificent views as the Urubamba River Valley and Choquesuysuy archaeological complex located on the other side of the river, and we can also see a beautiful waterfall located minutes from Wiñayhuayna
• Then you´ll arrive the Inti Punku "Puerta del Sol" from where you can see the sacred citadel of Machu Picchu
• Then descend to Machu Picchu to take the bus to Aguas Calientes
DAY 04: Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu / Cuzco (B)
• Pick up from your hotel in order to take the tourist bus to citadel Machu Picchu
• Guided tour of the citadel
• Optional: You can visit the Huayna Picchu at 10:00hrs, check additional cost
• In the afternoon return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Cuzco
• Transfer to the hotel
DAY 05: Cuzco/ Puerto Maldonado (B,L,D)
• Transfer to the airport to take your flight to Puerto Maldonado
• Upon your arrival, you will pick you up at the airport and transfer to Capitanía a small river port.
• As the trip progresses, you’ll become immersed in the natural surroundings of the jungle while observing the ronsoco, caimans, turtles, herons, cormorants and other animal species.
• You’ll arrive at the Ecoamazonia Lodge and enjoy an exquisite welcome drink. Then, you’ll settle into your bungalows and have lunch.
• In the afternoon, visit MONKEY ISLAND, a unique place at the heart of the Madre de Dios River—just 5 minutes from the lodge. Along the way, you’ll take in the extraordinary landscapes and exuberant flora that are home to a variety of monkey species. These monkey species include maquisapas, capuchins, lion monkeys, puffins and cotos, along with other animal species like the coati, sloth, and a great diversity of birds. you’ll complete your visit of the island while enjoying the sunset—the most impressive moment of any day in the jungle.
• Return to the lodge and dinner.
DAY 06: Puerto Maldonado (B,L,D)
• Tour to the LOST COCHA (COCHA PERDIDA). It is a refuge and feeding ecosystem for a tremendous diversity of animals. There, you’ll have the opportunity to observe otters, caimans, turtles, sachavacas, birds of every color, the majestic jaguar and a variety of fish. This unique area, as it belongs to the Ecoamazonia Reserve, remains utterly intact, with large marshes and natural springs.
• You’ll ascend to and extraordinary vantage point, from which You’ll have a chance to observe the magical jungle, followed by a pleasant canoe ride around the lake.
• Return to the lodge
• Optional visit to the botanical gardens.
DAY 07: Puerto Maldonado / Lima (B)
• Transfer to the airport to board the flight to Lima
• Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the hotel
DAY 08: Lima (B)
• Transfer to the airport to board your international flight
Minimun 02 passengers
Lima: Cuzco Aguas Calientes Puerto Maldonado
Allpa Hotel & Suites Samay Inti Wiñaywayna Eco Amazonia Lodge
Expiration date: 31/12/2013
All rates are per person, in US $ dollars
Prices are subject to changes without notice due to government tax variations.
Prices are not valid in special dates (Ester, 1st May, National holiday, Inti Raymi, Christmas, New year)