How to arrive to Tumbes
Where is Peru?: At 1'285,220 sq. Km, Peru is the third-largest country in South America, it limits to the north with Ecuador, to the northeast with Colombia, to the east with Brazil, to the southeast with Bolivia, to the south with Chile and to the west with the Pacific Ocean.
International airlines operate scheduled flights to Peru's Jorge Chávez International Airport, located in Lima - Peru.
- From New York - Newark, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, Mexico and Toronto exist direct flights to Lima.
- From Europe exist direct flights to Lima from Madrid, Paris and Amsterdam.
- Peru has direct flights from the main cities in Latin America as Bogota, Buenos Aires, Caracas, Guayaquil, La Habana, La Paz, Mexico, Panama, Quito, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Sao Paulo, San Jose de Costa Rica, Santo Domingo.
- Flights from Asia or Oceania to Peru, connection by USA or Europe.
Jorge Chávez Airport (LIM) in Lima is the main gate for international flights and it's the main hub to local flights connections.
How to get Tumbes City?
If you have only a short time for visit Peru, the best way to travel is by air (1h 30'). Tumbes City is connected with cities on the coast by the Pan-American Highway (1A), also recommendable a bus trip (19 h). From Ecuador, road through the North Pan-American Highway (1A) entering to Tumbes by Aguas Verdes - Huaquillas.
For reference, Punta Sal Beach is located 80 km / 50 miles southwest of the city of Tumbes (1 hour and 15 minutes by bus) and only 23 km north of Máncora (20 minutes by car). Máncora is located 187 Km from the city of Piura, and 106 Km. from Tumbes City, and 69 Km from Talara.
It also has the option on a trip by bus from Lima. From the cities of Tumbes, Piura and Talara bus or minivan transportation services are available to northern beaches. Many of the hotels in this area have transportation from the airport to the hotel.
Tumbes city counts with a small and comfortable airport "Capitán FAP Pedro Canga Rodríguez" (TBP Airport code); located 8.5 Km north of Tumbes city; it only attends domestic flights and regional flights from Ecuador. Normally there are daily flights from Lima (1h 30').
Talara city counts with a small and comfortable airport "Capitán FAP Víctor Montes Arias" (TYL Airport code); it only attends domestic flights.
Tumbes City is connected to the North Pan-American Highway, reaching to the north to Ecuador, and to the south passing through Lima to Tacna and Chile. From Ecuador, road through the North Pan American Highway (1A) entering to Tumbes by Aguas Verdes - Huaquillas.
- Itineraries and reserves bus services from / to Tumbes city
- Itineraries and reserves bus services to Máncora and Punta Sal
Distances to some cities from Tumbes city:
- Guayaquil (Ecuador): 171 miles (276 Km) to north
- Aguas Verdes (border country with Ecuador): 16 miles (25.6 Km) to north
- Máncora: 61 miles (98 Km) following Pan-American Highway to south
- Piura: 174 miles (278 Km) following Pan-American Highway to south
- Lima: 789 miles (1,270 Km) is following the Pan-American Highway to the south.