How to arrive to Piura
Where is Peru?: At 1'285,220 sq. Km, Peru is the third-largest country in South America, it limits to the north with Ecuador, to the northeast with Colombia, to the east with Brazil, to the southeast with Bolivia, to the south with Chile and to the west with the Pacific Ocean.
International airlines operate scheduled flights to Peru's Jorge Chávez International Airport, located in Lima - Peru.
- From New York - Newark, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, Mexico and Toronto exist direct flights to Lima.
- From Europe exist direct flights to Lima from Madrid, Paris and Amsterdam.
- Peru has direct flights from the main cities in Latin America as Bogota, Buenos Aires, Caracas, Guayaquil, La Habana, La Paz, Mexico, Panama, Quito, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Sao Paulo, San Jose de Costa Rica, Santo Domingo.
- Flights from Asia or Oceania to Peru, connection by USA or Europe.
Jorge Chávez Airport (LIM) in Lima is the main gate for international flights and it's the main hub to local flights connections.
How to arrive to Piura City?
If you have only a short time for visit Peru, the best way to travel is by air. Piura City is connected with cities on the coast by the Pan-American Highway, also recommendable a bus trip.
To reach the northern beaches of Piura and Mancora area from Lima there are the alternatives fly to Talara or Tumbes city, or bus services. By air alternative is a flight to Piura City, Talara or Tumbes. For reference, Máncora is located 187 Km from the city of Piura, 106 Km. from Tumbes and 69 Km from Talara. It also has the option on a trip by bus from Lima. From the cities of Piura, Tumbes and Talara bus or minivan transportation services are available to northern beaches. Many of the hotels in this area have transportation from the airport to the hotel.
Piura city counts with a small and comfortable airport "Capitán FAP Guillermo Concha Iberico" (PIU Airport code); it only attends domestic flights and regional flights from Ecuador. Normally there are daily flights from Piura to Lima.
Talara city counts with a small and comfortable airport "Capitán FAP Víctor Montes Arias" (TYL Airport code); it only attends domestic flights.
Piura city is connected to the North Pan-American Highway, reaching to the north to Tumbes and Ecuador, and to the south passing through Lima to Tacna and Chile.
- Itineraries and reserves bus services from / to Piura city
- Itineraries and reserves bus services to Máncora
Distances to some cities from Piura city:
- Tumbes 174 miles (278 Km) following Pan-American Highway to north
- Mancora 118 miles (187 Km) following Pan-American Highway to north
- Chiclayo 166 miles (265 Km) following Pan-American Highway to south
- Lima 647 miles (1,035 Km) is following the Pan-American Highway to the south.
- Ayabaca (Province of Ayabaca) 229 km (142 miles) / 6 hours
- Huancabamba (Province of Huancabamba) 214 km (133 miles) / 7 hours
- Chulucanas (Province of Chulucanas) 60 km (37 miles) / 45 minutes
- Paita (Province of Paita) 60 km (37 miles) / 45 minutes
- Sechura (Province of Sechura) 50 km (31 miles) / 55 minutes
- Sullana (Province of Sullana) 39 km (24 miles) / 35 minutes
- Talara (Province of Talara) 118 km (73 miles) / 1 hour and 30 minutes
Piura has all the communication means , telephone, mail, television, cable television, fax, internet connections, courier services.