VISTADOME AND EXPEDITION CLASS
Train Cuzco to Machu Picchu
- Peru Train Services
- Hiram Bingham Deluxe Train Cuzco to Machu Picchu
- Train Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu - Vistadome Valley and Expedition Class
- Train Cuzco to Puno, Lake Titicaca - Andean Explorer Class
- Itineraries, fares and reserves online - Train tickets to Machu Picchu
"A journey for your senses"
The Vistadome is the ideal train for those who want to be in contact with the environment and appreciate the wonderful journey to Machu Picchu.
Surrounded entirely by glass and wagons with large panoramic windows offering incomparable scenic views and innumerous opportunities to capture amazing pictures, Vistadome travelers feel connected and part of the impressive landscape of Peru. Perurail provide travelers on board personalized and first level service to give them an unforgettable life experience.
The Vistadome has two stations of departure to Machu Picchu: Cuzco (Poroy) and the Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo).
The Vistadome also has air conditioning and heating, leather seats that adjust the body to provide comfort and relaxation during the entire trip.
From Poroy station located about 20 minutes from downtown Cuzco, the journey to Machu Picchu lasts just over three hours. This is a unique journey experience in which PeruRail is concerned about every detail.
From the Sacred Valley of the Incas (Ollantaytambo) this is a journey of one hour and 30 minutes, with practical and fast travel experience, offering more than ten schedules to choose and three different rates.
The Vistadome has a different service, which allows the visitor to be immersed and feel the Andean culture through its landscapes, music, dance and even food carefully prepared with local ingredients.
Connect your senses through a sophisticated and sensory travel experience.
On-board experience with the best comfort and quality service.
The Expedition is a service designed for the traveler's comfort, with four passenger seats located in front of each other, so you can share your experience, and for the faithful backpack that is always with you we offer racks placed above the seats. Also, this train has panoramic windows, air conditioning and heating, and Andean music that creates a cheerful atmosphere.
Expedition service departs from two stations: Cuzco (Poroy) and the Sacred Valley of the Incas (Ollantaytambo)
The route Cuzco - Machu Picchu is a three hours journey for those who want to departure directly from Cuzco, being the only alternative in the market, and the Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu route offer multiple schedules and rates choices.
This is a travel experience with all the quality and benefits of Peru rail at a lower cost.
The village of Poroy (20 minutes away from Cuzco) is located at 3,673 meters latitude, being the highest point of our journey, which lasts 3 hours.
10 minutes from Poroy we will find the village of Cachimayo, famous for having the ANFO and fertilizers factory.After we reached the village of Cachimayo (Izcuchaca), where the railway passes through the middle of this population; we will continue in the Pampa de Anta, livestock area, and then reach the town of Huarocondo, place where you can taste the best piglets dish offered in the most important celebrations of the population of Cuzco.
Then it will lead to a narrow gorge, called Pomatales, where there is a small river of the same name. Arriving at km. 48 is a zigzag, which indicates the descent into the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Later, we will see the Pachar station, place where the Pomatales river empties into the Vilcanota or Urubamba river, formerly called Willcamayu (holy river).
At the foot of the hills to the left side we can see the Inca terraces, which are still used by the inhabitants of the area. At Km 68 is the station of Ollantaytambo to 2792 m, where is located the archaeological park of Ollantaytambo.
Following the route about 15 minutes from Ollantaytambo, we see the snow on the right side of the snow hill called Veronica at an altitude of 5682 meters, this mountain is part of the Cordillera de los Andes.
Phiri, Tanccac, Chillca, Piskacucho are the villages that you are able to see along the route and then approach to km. 82, the starting point of the 4 days and 3 nights Inca trail.
At km. 88 Qorihuayrachina is located the second starting point of the Inca Trail where you walk three days and two nights. From km. 93 or Pampacawa, you will notice the change in vegetation as we approach the jungle and the temperature rise is remarkable. Following the route arrive at km. 104 another start point called Chachabamba Inca Trail, an archeological zone. Many tourists like this route because it's a shorter way to get to Machu Picchu, (approx. 6 hours walk).
Two minutes after the km. 104, if you look carefully at the top of the hill on the left side, you will see the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna.
And at the foot hill we see the archaeological site of Choquesuysuy composed of walkways and enclosures. At km 106 is located the hydroelectric dam that provides electricity to the entire area of Cuzco.
From this point we're 10 minutes from the station of Machu Picchu located in the town of Aguas Calientes, the end of our journey by train.
- Hear: Traditional dances of the Andean culture, music with instruments of the region combined with nature sounds.
- Touch: Warm and fresh environment thanks to the air conditioning and heating system. More comfort, leather seats, more leg room
- Taste: Breakfast and tea in the afternoon prepared with Andean ingredients, different to each trip experience.
- Sight: Panoramic windows that connects you to the stunning landscapes and information material about the journey.
- The service has all comforts including air-conditioning and heating, quality sound system and wide space between seats.
- Snack with a design that shows the route of your trip to Machu Picchu.
- As the adventure starts on the train, feel the landscapes through the panoramic windows.
Daily departure from Poroy Station (20 minutes away from Cuzco).
Cuzco (Poroy) – Machu Picchu
- Cuzco (Poroy) – Machu Picchu
- Departure: Poroy station (20 min from Cuzco city).
- Duration of the trip: 4 hours.
Arrival: Machu Picchu station.
- Urubamba (Ollantaytambo) – Machu Picchu
- Departure: Urubamba station.
- Duration of the trip: 3 hours.
Arrival: Machu Picchu Station.
- Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo) – Machu Picchu
- Departure: Ollantaytambo station.
- Duration of the trip: 2 hours.
- Arrival: Machu Picchu Pueblo Station.
Passengers have to be at the train station 30 minutes before departure.