Lima at Night and Entertainment
Lima is a fast-moving modern metropolis, is known as the gastronomic capital of South America for a culinary legacy that inherited superb pre-Hispanic and colonial cooking traditions and was nurtured by the best Western and Oriental cooking. Cultural shows, music shows, theatres, art galleries, casinos, bars, discos, Indian Market and shopping malls, a lot on offer.
Like a modern and cosmopolitan city offers all the tourist services, an excellent and modern hotel infrastructure, a great variety of attraction centers, ultramodern shopping malls as Larco Mar or Jockey Plaza, cultural and nightlife, luxurious casinos and gambling houses, and excellent restaurants in which the exquisite and variety Peruvian food prevails.
Lima at night, usually has the same or more intensity than during the day, endless nights, cheerful nights, amusement nights, especially on weekends. Lima offers opportunities for almost all the preferences and budgets.
A good dinner is a good way to begin the night; the list of opportunities is so variety that we will dedicate a special chapter to Lima Cuisine and restaurants.
The best places to enjoy are Miraflores, San Isidro and Barranco. Larco Mar in Miraflores gathered in one of the nicest stops to hang around in Lima is the largest variety of entertainment oriented in services: You will find 12 cinemas, pubs, bars, discotheques, many restaurants and a bowling.
Casinos and Gambling Houses
Not so long ago, Lima has become, for some people, an excellent tourist destination for its Casinos and Gambling Houses, which are legally allowed. Diverse international and national gambling companies have been able to establish luxurious casinos. Some offer artistic shows. The varieties of games that you can carry out in a casino are all given, the bets have the limits that are established by each casino, and they also have jackpot machines. Most of them work 24 hours a day, every day. Some of these casinos are located in 4 and 5 stars hotels. Also exist gambling houses and bingos.
Peruvian Folk Shows - Live Music
A good way of coming closer to the Peruvian culture is sharing its manifestations through the songs, the music and the Andean and Creole dances. Each region of Peru has its own characteristics, giving the tourist a great variety of shows. In Lima there are diverse night centers that present shows from the Peruvian folklore. They frequently vary their programs.
Another alternative, are the "peñas" that are more popular manifestations, characterized in making participate the assisting public. In these "peñas" you will be able to have Creole food, appetizers, and Peruvian drinks, especially recommending the Peruvian Pisco Sour.
- Brisas del Titicaca: Jr. Wakulski N° 168, Lima
- Hatuchay: Jr. Trujillo N° 228, Rímac
- Del Carajo: Catalino Miranda N° 158, Barranco
Night Clubs, Pubs, Lounges
The clubs get going from 11 pm. and continue going strong till dawn. You may find them of all styles. With international music, as any other modern city. There you will be able to appreciate an artistic show or simply take a relaxing cocktail or your favorite drink in interesting conversation besides good music.
- Lola Bar: Bolívar Nº 197, Miraflores. Open Tu - Th 20:00 - 02:00 and Fr - Sa 20:00 - 04:00
- Xcess Bar: LarcoMar, Miraflores. Open Mo - Sa 21:00 - 02:00.
- Bar Ayahuasca: Av. San Martín Nº 130, Barranco. Open Fr - Sa 21:00 - 05:00.
- Las Huaringas Bar: Ovalo Bolognesi N° 460, Miraflores. Open Tu - Th 20:00 - 02:00 and Fr - Sa 20:00 - 04:00
The latest international films. Exhibition of movies from all countries, usually with the original soundtrack and Spanish subtitles.
If you want to dance, we recommend two possibilities:
The discos get going on weekend from 11 pm. and continue going strong till dawn. There are very good ones, some of them are for members only, but the hotels of 4 and 5 stars grant temporary passes to their guests. There are discotheques of diverse type of international contemporary music and others with soft and romantic music. During summer time, young people in Lima prefer the discotheques located at the southern beaches. Some discotheques reserve their admission.
- Gótica: Larcomar nivel 5 - Malecón Cisneros N° 610, Miraflores
- Bartini: Larcomar, Malecón Cisneros N° 610, Miraflores. Daily 22:30 - 02:30
- Delirium: Av. Grau Nº 721, Barranco. Open Th - Sa 21:30 - 04:00
- Bizarro: Francisco de Paula Camino N° 220, Miraflores. Open Th - Sa 21:30 - 04:00
Ideal places for the lovers of "salsa" and Caribbean music and their contagious rhythm and happiness, many of them with live music.
Striptease Night Clubs
Night centers in which pretty girls dance and make striptease shows.
- The expenditure of alcoholic drinks is limited to 18 year-old people or older.
- It is absolutely forbidden by law the consumption of any drug type or stimulating substances.
- According to Law 25357 it is forbidden to smoke in closed public establishments.