How to Arrive to Arequipa City
Where is Peru?: At 1'285,220 sq. Km, Peru is the third-largest country in South America, it limits to the north with Ecuador, to the northeast with Colombia, to the east with Brazil, to the southeast with Bolivia, to the south with Chile and to the west with the Pacific Ocean.
Travel to Peru by air
International airlines operate scheduled flights to Peru's Jorge Chávez International Airport, located in Lima - Peru.
- From New York - Newark, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, Mexico and Toronto exist direct flights to Lima.
- From Europe exist direct flights to Lima from Madrid, Paris and Amsterdam.
- Peru has direct flights from the main cities in Latin America as Bogota, Buenos Aires, Caracas, Guayaquil, La Habana, La Paz, Mexico, Panama, Quito, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Sao Paulo, San Jose de Costa Rica, Santo Domingo.
- Flights from Asia or Oceania to Peru, connection by USA or Europe.
Jorge Chávez International Airport (LIM Airport Code) in Lima is the main gate for international flights and it's the main hub to local flights connections.
How to arrive to Arequipa City?
If you have only a short time for visit Peru, the best way to travel is by air. If you also visit Cuzco and or Puno - Lake Titicaca, we recommend begin your trip in Arequipa and then Cuzco and then Puno for acclimatization to altitude of highlands.
The Arequipa's International Airport Alférez Alfredo Rodríguez Ballón (AQP Airport Code), with comfortable installations, receive regular domestic flights from Lima, Cuzco, Juliaca (Puno) and Tacna, and some regular international flights from regional countries in South America as Chile.
There are different schedules to Lima from Arequipa (flights about 55 minutes), you may also find flights from Juliaca - Puno, Cuzco and Tacna.
There are three principal roads from the city of Arequipa. Arequipa is connected to Pan-American Highway; you may get there, to the north, to Tumbes and Ecuador passing by Lima and to the south, to Tacna and Chile. There are roads from Arequipa to Juliaca (Puno - Lake Titicaca) and the road from Arequipa to Cuzco.
- Arequipa - Lima: 1,020 Km. (638 miles) - Journey bus 15 hours
- Arequipa - Cuzco Highway: Passing by Juliaca 625 Km. (388 miles) - Journey bus 10 hours
- Arequipa - Puno Highway: Arequipa to Juliaca 281 Km. (174.6 miles) - Journey bus 6 hours
In some spots of the highway you may be as high as 4,000 meters above the sea level (13,123 feet). Juliaca - Puno 44 Km. (27.3 miles)
- Arequipa - Tacna: 400 Km. (248.5 miles)
Distances from the Arequipa City
- Camaná (Province of Camaná) 173 Km (108 miles) / 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Caravelí (Province of Caravelí) 382 Km (238 miles) / 7 hours
- Aplao (Province of Castilla) 178 Km (111 miles) / 3 hours
- Chivay (Province of Caylloma - Colca Valley) 162 Km (101 miles) / 3 hours and 45 minutes
- Chuquibamba (Province of Condesuyos) 234 Km (145 miles) / 5 hours
- Mollendo (Province of Islay) 113 Km (70 miles) / 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Cotahuasi (Province of La Union) 379 Km (236 miles) / 12 hours
- Arequipa - Puno: 258 Km (160.3 miles) approximate time 10 to 12 hours. Non regular service
- Arequipa - Cuzco: 642 Km (399 miles) approximate time 22 hours. Non regular service
Arequipa has modern communication services as telephone, mail, cable television, fax, Internet connection and courier services.